A) Introduction: -
Placement is an important activity of any
business school. Although the main
purpose of a business school is to provide knowledge, skills, and the attitude that should be possessed to become a successful manager, the need of a student for a good placement cannot be overlooked and thus he/she needs to be assisted for the same.
- To assist students in getting suitable
- to assist students in preparing and grooming as per corporate expectations.
- To collaborate with industry experts at national and international levels for guiding, and sharing their relevant experiences and knowledge with students.
- To conduct the placement process smoothly for postgraduate students at the Institute
The Institute has a well-defined placement
policy. The placement policy helps to define the
overall structure & processes of the placement
cell and it also provides detailed information
about the structure, roles & responsibilities of
the placement committee members working to
execute the campus placement process in their
period of study.
Few highlights of the Institute placement policy is as follows:- The placement policy will ensure that:-
- The maximum number of students get on-campus placement.
- Deserving candidates can have the opportunity to start their career with their preferred company.
- To maintain the quality standards of the jobs offered.
- To ensure that the whole teamwork according to the defined processes to achieve the common objective.
- Develop a strategy to establish a strong linkage with corporate and develop a positive image of the institution
- Connect alumni of the institute for institute growth and development
- Help students to develop their personality and assist them in their career development.
2) Placement process: -
- The placement process felicitates summer internship for FYMMS and final placement for SYMMS across the specialization.
- The institute has a structured placement process for MMS students however if a sufficient number of organizations register for other courses in regards to placement requirements then the institute will display the information on
the placement notice board for other courses as well.
- The tentative complete process of placements month wise are as follows: -
July to September - Registering institute for placements, interacting with the corporate for their business requirements, preparing students, and connect them with corporates.
October to February - Grooming activity starts, organization of various corporate events such as RTC, Mock Interview session, Weekly guest
lectures, etc., inviting companies on campus for placements (Finals and Summers), preparing students as per corporate expectations, the
continuous efforts for student preparation and corporate connection on campus. Final placements completion
March to April - Preparing reports, deal with students placement related concerns, finish the summer and final placement process, interact with corporate and students for their joining process, collecting offer letters, etc.
Note: - The institute will organize various corporate events for student grooming and networking purposes. Students are advised to utilize and maximize the benefits. The weekly session of placement will be conducted. It is mandatory for all students to attend/participate and contribute to the placement related activities for their benefits and growth.